Monday, February 11, 2013

Mardi Gras is February 12 this year.  I love the South and I thought that it would be a good idea to 

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

That's French for "let the good times roll" and you will hear that in New Orleans at Mardi Gras.  There are over 60 elements that bring New Orleans and Mardi Gras to mind - everything from jazz instruments to a cafe au lait and a beignet to masks to beads.  And you don't even have to do anything for those beads!

There's more to this kit than Mardi Gras though.  New Orleans is a very interesting city and full of lots of unique and distinctive items.  For example, the beautiful old green street cars on St Charles Street; the intricate yet simple street signs; the gas lanterns; the fleur de lis; the wrought iron.  You will find all of those in this kit.  

Have you been to Disney World or Disneyland?  I think you will find this kit very useful for LOs of a couple of the hotels and for some character meet and greets.   I know I have quite a few pictures from when I stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter at Disney World and I ran into Princess Tiana in Disneyland and totally plan to use this kit for some of those LOs.

Ok, that's the elements.  But wait!  Check out all those 20 beautiful papers!  The colours of the papers are so bright and festive that they will make your LOs absolutely POP!


You know where you can find this fabulous kit:  at the True North Scraps store at Scraps N Pieces.  And if you buy it before March 1st you will save 40%!  You can't beat savings like that!  

In addition to the kit, there are 6 coordinating glitter papers.  Yesterday, I told you to make sure you are subscribed to my newsletter.  Why?  If you subscribe to my newsletter, you will get them for free!  But even if you didn't take my advice and subscribe, you can still buy them in the store, also at 40% off until March 1.

Just to give you an idea of what can be done with this kit, here is what I made using it:




And this is what the rest of the team made.  You can see a larger version of them at their blogs:


So buy the kit, grab some beads, put on some jazz music and get in the mood to laissez les bon temps rouler while you scrap away!

There's a reward for reading all the way to the bottom!  Some of the North Stars have made gifts for you!  Check out their blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment